CIDSE is an international family of Catholic social justice organisations working together with others to promote justice, harness the power of global solidarity and create transformational change to end poverty and inequalities. We do this by challenging systemic injustice and inequity as well as destruction of nature. We believe in a world where every human being has a right to live in dignity.
The CIDSE Secretariat, located in Brussels, is currently looking for an Assistant in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning on Systemic Change to join its team as soon as possible. The position is 80-100% / 4-5 days per week, on a 15-month contract, from October 1st 2022 to December 31st 2023, as it is linked to an external grant.
- Working directly with the Secretary General, the Systemic Change and Gender Equality Officer, as well as an external consultant in MEL, you will support the overall research, monitoring and evaluation work of CIDSE;
- Support in the mapping of CIDSE members’ experience and approach to measuring and evaluating systemic change and transformative advocacy;
- Assist in conducting internal and external consultations, training, learning and sharing meetings with members and partners around CIDSE’s strategic planning process, building indicators of progress, and supporting the external consultant in MEL;
- Support the Management Team in ensuring proper internal and external reporting of activities according to monitoring, evaluation, and learning processes and methodology;
- Support the External Grants’ Officer in preparing activity reports according to the MEL standards and criteria and apply learnings from previous reports and grants to the new Strategic Framework;
- You ensure smooth collaboration and shared learning across CIDSE different thematic priorities;
- You contribute to CIDSE overall strategy based on systemic change approach.
- You are based in Belgium;
- You have 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience in the NGO sector;
- You have advanced education and training in administration, , international development, ecological justice, systemic change, or any other relevant fields;
- You have a proven interest and specific experience in monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting;
- You have specific experience in project management and implementation, as well as grant management and reporting;
- You have great attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- You have demonstrated coordination skills. Experience in a network environment is an asset;
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills in French, English, and Spanish. Additional languages are an asset;
- You understand, and have a commitment to the mission and values of CIDSE;
- You have good team-working skills and the ability to work in an international, multi-cultural NGO environment;
- You are a good multi-tasker and results oriented with a professional attitude. You have leadership and diplomacy skills;
- You have proven computer skills and are available to travel;
- You have advanced organizational and logistical skills.
- the opportunity to work in an international organisation with a dynamic international team;
- the opportunity to work with CIDSE member organisations, allies and partners worldwide;
- the opportunity to work in the Brussels EU-Quarter, an interesting and challenging job.
Please send your CV and cover letter by August 31st to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will likely be held in the week of September 5th.
© image : PxHere