Following the recent EU-Western Balkans Summit and in view of the upcoming meeting of the European Council, COMECE and the European Office of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung invite you to join a discussion entitled “Western Balkans and the EU: next steps…?”.
This lunch event will take place at the COMECE Secretariat on Thursday, the 14th of June 2018 from 12:00 to 14:00.
Representatives of the Church, youth and EU institutions will engage in a dialogue on a credible European integration process. They will have the opportunity to exchange perspectives on the path towards EU-membershipand on the necessary steps that can be taken on the side of the EU, as well as of the Western Balkans.
This event will be held in English. A light lunch will be provided.
- H. E. Mgr. Ladislav Nemet SVD – Bishop of Zrenjanin/Serbia, President of the International Bishops’ Conference of St. Cyril and Methodius
Ms. Mare Ushkovska, Youth Representative and PhD candidate in International Law from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia;
- Fr. Olivier Poquillon op, COMECE General Secretary;
- Dr. Hardy Ostry, Head of the European Office of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung;
- A representative of the EU Commission, DG NEAR (tbc).
- Corina Stratulat, Senior Policy Analyst at EPC.
Date / Heure
Date(s) - 14 juin 2018
12h00 - 14h00
Commission of the Bishops' Conferences of the European Community (COMECE)
Square de Meeûs 19